Bluebell Journeys...

I have really enjoyed working from the digital collage I created the other day based on my bluebell sketches. Using watercolours and a lot of masking tape, to mask off each individual section as I go along, I have been layering up the passages of marks and colours in an attempt to re-create and develop some of the wonderful chance relationships between marks and passages of colour that occur when using layers in photoshop.
Here is the painting so far without the addition of the willow pattern elements that I have now decided to add using gampi tissue.





detail
More layering in photoshop - the next painting?



My good friend Karen called in this afternoon for a cuppa and has got me looking the work of Jilly Edwards and Jo Barker whose inspiring tapestries appear to be inspired by a Japanese aesthetic and also the paintings of Wilhelmina Barns-Graham. 

Jilly Edwards

Wilhelmina Barns-Graham

Jo Barker